Renowned for its cultural and dance performances, Ubud is one of the best known destinations in Bali. Nestled in the mountains, this town is full of terraced paddy fields, a monkey forest, lake temples with interesting architecture, and other ancient shrines. Ubud’s forested surroundings are a wonderful setting for various luxury resorts that pamper guests with mesmerizing views and traditional Balinese cottages. Here are the three life events that Ubud is perfect for:
Honeymoon or Marriage Anniversary
Ubud’s tourist attractions, coupled with numerous luxury retreats, make it the most versatile Balinese destination for a honeymoon.
Most romantic experiences in Ubud:
- Start your day with a floating brunch, as delicacies of your choice and sparkling wine arrive on a tray as you relax in an infinity pool
- Bathe and breakfast with beautiful, gentle, elephants at Mason Elephant Park Lodge
- Go on a morning trek to Kliki village, where you will walk through rice paddy fields and see the locals at work
- Go river kayaking on Ayung River with your better half and get the adrenalin flowing!
- Dine by candlelight with not one but a thousand candles at Royal Pita Maha
Best hotels in Ubud for honeymooners: The choices are limitless, as Viceroy Ubud, Samaya Ubud, Komaneka at Bisma, Puri Wulandari, Permata Ayung Private Estate, and Kayon Resort all vie with each other for providing the most romantic accommodations and experiences.
Wellness Trip before a New Job
It’s always nice to wipe the slate clean before making a fresh start, such as a new job or relationship. And mountainous, forested Ubud is perfect for your needs.
Top things to do in Ubud for rejuvenation:
- Enjoy a traditional Balinese massage or try various other spa therapies
- Cycle through rice fields to visit a local’s house at Payangan village and learn how the Balinese live
- See the sun rise from Mount Kintamani and gain a new lease on life
- Trek through Taro Village, an ancient Hindu settlement home to fruit orchards and spice plantations
- Try foot reflexology to soothe your feet after a day of hectic exploration
Best wellness hotels in Ubud: With luxurious spas, reviving Balinese therapies, and inspiring natural environs, Pita Maha Resort & Spa, and COMO Shambhala Estate are the ideal choices for those on a wellness trip.
Solo Cultural and Historical Sojourn on your Birthday
Bring in your birthday in Ubud, where a plethora of ancient temples and other storied attractions will give you memories to treasure.
Top cultural things to do in Ubud:
- Take a stone and wood carving class and find your artistic spirit
- Take a Balinese cooking class so you can satiate your own cravings!
- Make a Balinese offering and get a glimpse into Balinese spirituality
- Explore Peliatan Palace, which is among the oldest palaces in Bali
- Visit Ubud Palace and Goa Gajah Cave Temple for architectural inspiration
Best historical hotels in Ubud for solo travellers: Proximity to cultural and historical attractions and evocative architecture make Hanging Gardens of Bali, Kamandalu Ubud, Royal Pita Maha, and Alila Ubud great choices for travellers with good taste.